Ready to get started? Here’s how it works:
Step One – Attend an OLS Information Session
If you’re ready to learn more about our program, the first step is attending an information session held at the Bellevue College North Campus. These informative, monthly meetings include a current OLS student panel and are held for potential students, families, counselors and special educators so they can find out more about the OLS experience.For a list of upcoming dates and registration information,visit our News & Events page.
Step Two – Complete & Mail the OLS Application Packet (Required)
- The application must be completed by the student and requires a $60 application fee.
- Provide two recommendation forms with your submission. These forms must be completed by someone other than a family member. For example: an educator, doctor, employer or supervisor.
- Include Required Evaluation Documentation – IEP & Academic Test Scores
- Include High School Transcripts
- Potential students must have an IQ of 70 or above
- A reading, writing and math level of 4th Grade or higher is also required
Completed Application Packets must be received by April 1st for Early Admission, or June 1st for Final Admissions. All application materials, including the $60 application fee, are required for your application to be to considered.
Please make checks payable to OLS at Bellevue College and mail completed packets to:
OLS at Bellevue College
14673 NE 29th Place
Bellevue, WA 98007
Step Three – In-Person Assessments
Applicants who submit their completed application packets on time and meet our baseline requirements will be invited to an in-person assessment. Invitations to this assessment will be mailed to applicants shortly after the application deadlines. The OLS assessment will measure a variety of baseline skills that are essential to being successful in the program.
Final decisions for admission will be made after the assessment process has been completed. All assessed applicants will be contacted 1-2 weeks after the assessment date.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT APPLYING FOR FAFSA
It’s important to apply for FAFSA and Bellevue College financial aid as soon as you submit your application. This is because of the length of time it takes to be evaluated by the financial aid office.
Last Updated January 3, 2017