The ombuds office provides the following services to students, faculty, and staff members at the Bellevue College:
- Help individuals understand their interests, issues, rights, and responsibilities according to federal and state laws, the college’s rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Assist individuals in developing options to resolve their issues.
- Facilitate a group process for parties in a dispute.
- Educate, train, and/or coach individuals on how to work together more collaboratively with their differences.
- Conduct an informal investigation process with the client’s permission.
- Recommend institutional change.
Last Updated October 15, 2013