You are eligible to receive a refund due to a credit balance on your student account if your payments (personal, financial aid, scholarships, etc.) exceed your charges. These refunds are delivered to you through the BC OneCard program. Please contact the Financial Aid office at 425-564-2227 during the business hours for more detail on your disbursement.
Refund Method Options
- In most cases, funds are available in 1-2 business days
- About this Method:
- What it is: an electronic transfer of your refund into your personal checking or savings account
- What you need to do: have your account and routing numbers available when you sign up.
Prepaid Debit MasterCard®
Feature of your BC OneCard!
- In most cases, funds are available the same day
- About this Method:
- What it is: a U.S. Bank Prepaid Debit MasterCard® account that is attached to your BC OneCard. When your refund is ready, it will be loaded onto your card. You can make purchases anywhere MasterCard is accepted and withdraw cash for free at any domestic U.S. Bank and MoneyPass ATMs. Certain fees may apply to the use of the card.
- What you need to do: Choose the U.S. Bank Debit Prepaid Card option when you make your selection from the Bellevue College Account Center Site.
- See more information on the U.S. Bank Debit Prepaid MasterCard.
- In most cases, checks will be mailed out in 1-2 business days and arrive within 3-7 business days.
- About this Method
- What it is: if you do not elect an electronic refund method, a check will be mailed to the address on file at Bellevue College.
- What you need to do: ensure your mailing address is up to date at Bellevue College.
How to choose your refund method
If you are eligible for a refund, you have the option of choosing how to receive your money. Here’s how:
- Have your 4 digit temporary registration code, permanent address and BC OneCard in hand.
- Go to the OneCard website and click Register your BC OneCard link to begin.
- Click First Time Visitor or Manage Your Card button and follow the instruction using your 16 digit OneCard number and 3 digit security code.
- Choose your disbursement preference by clicking the My Disbursements button on the left side of screen:
- Direct deposit: enter your bank account information
- U.S. Bank Prepaid Debit MasterCard: complete the 6-step online registration to open your account
- If you do not choose one of the above refund methods, a check will be mailed to you.
Sign up by at least a week before the first day of the quarter to ensure your refund will be delivered to your chosen method.
For help signing up, to change from an electronic refund method to a paper check or if you do not receive your funds, please call 1-877-788-5198
After I sign up, do I have to sign up every term?
No. Your refund choice will apply to all future refunds. You can change your refund method as often as you like, but be sure to allow at least one week for the change to be processed.
For help signing up, to change from an electronic refund method to a paper check or if you do not receive your funds, please call 1-877-788-5198.
Direct Deposit FAQ
Can I use my debit card number to set up direct deposit?
No. You must use your bank account and routing number printed on the bottom of your check. If you enter your debit card number, your deposit will be rejected.
What happens if I entered my account number incorrectly?
The bank will check to make sure the account number is valid, but they do not verify that the bank account you entered belongs to you!
- If you entered a valid account number that belongs to someone else, the deposit will go to that account. We can try to recover the funds, but there is no guarantee.
- If you entered an invalid account number, the deposit will be returned and an attempt will be made to contact you.
How do I change my bank account number?
You can change your bank account information in the BC OneCard program by logging in and clicking Select BC OneCard Preference. Click Edit and enter your new bank account number.