Personal Fitness Training Certificate
The Personal Fitness Trainer Certificate is designed to prepare students for a variety of fields in the Health and Wellness Industry.
Upon completion of the 19 credit program students may elect to enter the workforce as a Fitness Trainer or go on to pursue a two or four-year degree in Recreation, Health, Sports Medicine, Exercise Science or a Teacher Certification program. The 19 credit curriculum prepares students to test for a Personal Training certification from a national organization such as ACSM, NSCA, ACE, or NASM.
The optional Associate of Arts and Science Direct Transfer Degree program at Bellevue College provides students with a seamless transition to specific University programs in Washington State while providing exposure to opportunities in these growing fields.
Here is a recommended schedule for completing the Personal Fitness Trainer certificate program. Please meet with an advisor to discuss your academic plan and career goals.
- PE 267 Applied Kinesiology– 4 credits (prerequisite for PE 228 Life Fitness Internship)
- HLTH 262 Personal Fitness Trainer First Aid & Athletic Training – 5 credits
- PE 137 Sports Conditioning – 2 credits
- PE 236 Anatomical Kinesiology – 4 credits
- PE 211 Fitness Assessments – 2 credits
- HLTH 290 Sports Nutrition- 1 credit
- PE 228 Life Fitness Internship – 1 credit (prerequisite is completion of PE 267 with a B- or better, or with permission from the instructor)
Where do Fitness Trainers work?
- Commercial Fitness Clubs
- Personal Training Studios
- Community centers
- Wellness centers
- Corporate Health Centers
- Physical education instructor
- University/College Recreation Centers
The Personal Fitness Trainer certificate program can also be taken simultaneously with the course requirements for a science transfer degree for Exercise Science, Nutrition, Athletic Training, and Sports Medicine. Contact the Science Division advisory for more information. http://www.bellevuecollege.edu/advising/meet/