6600P STUDENT UNION VENDORS (PROCEDURES)
Original Date: 4/3/2000 * Last Revision Effective: 9/24/2012
Policy Contact: Vice President of Student Services
The following procedures are in place to ensure equitable and fair practices for sale of merchandise occurring in the student union building.
Individuals wanting to sell items of educational value in the student union are required to abide by the procedures listed below:
- Sponsorship. Sponsorship must be obtained for the sales activity by contacting the student programs office. Companies advertising job openings must be sponsored by the career center, but are not charged a table rental fee. A notice identifying the sponsor must be displayed on or near the table during the sale. Vendors shall have, in their possession, the approved Bellevue College facility request use form and will post a pre-prepared qualifying statement (provided by the student programs office), releasing Bellevue College of responsibility for product unreliability. Student programs reserves the right to refuse space to a vendor who has a history of product unreliability or poor quality.
- Charge. A minimum of $75.00 per table per day, plus a percentage (agreed upon in advance) of the day’s proceeds. Any additional setup charges and costs with the vendors’ use of Bellevue College facilities will be billed in the rental fee. All conditions in the Bellevue College facility use agreement will apply. Payment for rental fee is due at the time of application for use of facility. To receive a full refund, vendors must cancel their reservation, in writing, five (5) business days in advance of the reservation date. No refunds if vendors cancel in less than five (5) business days of the reservation date.
- Vendor fairs. Vendors will have the opportunity to participate in at least two vendor fairs per year. Vendors will pay a flat participation fee as determined by student programs.
- Method of payment. Check or money order, made out to Bellevue College, due at the time of application for reserving facility.
- Space availability. To reserve space on the calendar, vendors should contact the student programs office, preferably two (2) weeks or more before the desired date(s).
- Limits. Individual vendors may not sell items in the Bellevue College student union more than twice per quarter, with the exception of annual fairs. Student programs reserves the right to refuse space in the facility, if there is no space available for the desired dates.
- Special events. Vendor sales may be allowed at student sponsored events at locations other than the student union with the approval of the vice president of administrative services.
Revisions 4/22/2003; 5/10/2005; 5/21/2009; 9/24/2012