Effective June 12, 2014, Senate Bill 5318 removes the one-year waiting period for veterans and their dependents who wish to pay resident tuition in Washington state. If a veteran separates from the military under honorable conditions, moves to Washington and establishes a domicile as outlined in RCW 28B.15.013 and enters an institution of higher education in Washington within one year of the date of separation, the veteran and his or her dependents may be considered a resident for tuition purposes.
What do I need to provide?
- Complete a Residence Questionnaire
- A copy of form DD-214
- Provide a copy of Washington State driver’s license
- Vehicle registration form (if you own or use a vehicle)
- Provide a copy of your voter registration (if you vote)
- If you are not a U.S. citizen, provide a copy of your green card
Documents may be mailed to: Bellevue College, Admissions, ATTN: Residency Office, 3000 Landerholm Circle SE, Bellevue, WA 98007. Our office does not accept faxed documents. Completed questionnaires and all supporting documentation must be received by the 30th calendar day of the quarter for which application is made. Documentation received after the 30th calendar day will be considered for the following quarter.
Veterans’ Office Contact Information
Phone: (425) 564-2220