The RISE Learning Institute works with all corners of Bellevue College, as well as with the surrounding community, to enhance learning opportunities for BC students and support growth opportunities for BC faculty. Through its programs and networks, RISE:
- Links students to career-building internships, research projects, and jobs
- Connects faculty to grants, conferences, and other professional development opportunities
- Supports veterans as they navigate college life
- Mentors future STEM professionals
- Fosters mutually beneficial relationships with community organizations
- Facilitates the promotion of innovation on campus
The RISE Learning Institute, under the leadership of Dr. Gita Bangera, has grown from its initial focus of supporting Research opportunities to also encourage Innovation both within and outside the classroom, facilitate the greater integration of Service and community engagement into the BC culture, and promote a wide range of Experiential learning opportunities for students.
In mid-2015, the Center for Career Connections was moved into RISE, allowing it to strengthen and broaden the resources it provides to students. Partnerships with the Library Media Center on the Collaboratory and with the Faculty Commons on Service-Learning , along with other collaborations across and beyond campus, help the RISE Learning Institute achieve its goals of supporting faculty, students, and the community.
Last Updated December 19, 2016