Applications for Winter Quarter closed on October 25th, 2013 –
Spring Quarter: Applications open on January 21, 2014
Please Note: Our office will be closed on November 11, 2013
To apply complete steps 1 through 6.
Step 1: APPLY HERE Spring Quarter: Applications open on January 21, 2014
You will first be asked to set up an account with your own user id and password. After that you will then need to fill out the application to attend BC thru the Running Start Program.
The online application consists of four sections. All required questions are marked with an asterisk(*). You can save the application at any time and return later to complete it. There is not an application fee. Use your legal name – no nicknames, when applying.
Once you have submitted an application wait to receive an email with your Bellevue College Student Identification Number (SID). You will receive this on or before Monday November 4th. It is extremely important that you provide a valid e-mail address on your application. Often the SID email notification gets directed to your spam/junk folder. Be sure to check there too.
Step 2: Take the COMPASS assessment
Once you receive you Student Identification Number and testing instruction email, check the Testing Center calendar for days and times of operation. The center is not open every day! You may take the assessment a second time if you do not pass the first time.http://www.bellevuecollege.edu/enrollment/assessment/
On the day of your test, bring photo I.D., your BC student I.D. number, and a check or money order for $21.50. Failure to follow these instructions may result in not being able to take the test that day.
- Testing must be completed by Thursday- November 7th 5pm (Including 2nd attempt if needed)
- Email the Running Start Office that you have taken the test firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wait for confirmation email from the Running Start Office that we have confirmed you have taken the test
Contact our office for options if you take the assessment twice and still do not pass.
Continue on if you placed into English 101
You will receive an email on or before Thursday, November 14th with information regarding the Running Start Enrollment Verification Form, and how to register for the mandatory orientation/registration and optional advising Workshops.
Step 3: Create your BC email account.
Now that you have passed the COMPASS test, you are half way there to being a BC student. You are required to create a BC email and it is your responsibility to check for messages often. Create a Bellevue College NetID Here, or check the MYBC and choose “create my account” on the Bellevue College website.
Step 4: Submit the Enrollment Verification Form
The Running Start Enrollment Verification Form must be submitted to the Running Start Office (B233) by 4:00 PM, Friday November 22, 2013.
Here is the process to do that:
- Print out the RS Enrollment Verification Form from the attachment we emailed you.
- Make an appointment to meet with your High School Counselor, Home School Counselor or School District Representative
- You will fill out the white top section of the RS Enrollment Verification Form
- In meeting with your High School Counselor you will plan your schedule. The counselor will then complete the gray area of the form and sign it
- You will then along with your parent/guardian carefully read the entire form, including the section immediately above the student/parent signature section which explanation of possible tuition and fees charged to you by the college.
- You and your parent/guardian must sign the form
- Submit to our office: in person, scan and email to email@example.com or fax to 425-564-6029
- It is your responsibility to submit this form – DO NOT leave it at your high school for them to do.
- We recommend that you keep a copy for your files before sending.
IMPORTANT: All sections of the form (student, counselor, parent/guardian) must be filled out and signed completely and accurately. If the form is not complete or correct, we will return the form to you. We are unable to accept a large portion of forms submitted to us because they are not complete and/or accurate.Please help us help you by submitting complete and accurate Running Start Enrollment Verification Form!
Step 5: Sign up for the Mandatory Orientation/Registration
Held on December 7, 2013 – signups close on November 27th.
You will receive THE FINAL STEPS email on or before Thursday, November 14th with information regarding how to register for the mandatory orientation/registration and optional advising Workshops.
The email you receive will include a link you need to use to sign yourself up for a specific session. There will be multiple 90 minute sessions throughout the day. Due to limited seating, only the student is able to sign up. Be sure to sign up only one time and use your legal name.
Step 6 – OPTIONAL – Sign up for the Advising Workshop
Dec 4th 3:30PM – 4:30PM
This is not a mandatory meeting, but we strongly recommend you attend especially homeschooled students and those following HB 1758
You will receive THE FINAL STEPS email on or before Thursday November 14th with information regarding how to register for the mandatory orientation/registration and optional advising Workshops. (Same email as noted in Step 4.) The email you receive will include a link you need to use to sign yourself up for the session. Parents may attend this too. This is not a mandatory meeting, but we strongly recommend you attend especially homeschooled students and those following HB 1758
On Saturday December 7th you will attend a mandatory Running Start Orientation that you signed up for
- You will register for classes during your orientation/registration December 7th
- You will have 24 hours to pay any college assessed tuition and fees
- There will be an optional Parent Welcome Meeting on Dec 7th TBD
Congratulations! You have made it through the various steps to becoming a Bellevue College Student. We are here to help you succeed!