Spring Quarter: Applications have closed.
Special Notice: We are aware that occasionally the application link is inoperable.
If you have problems submitting the application – try again 2-3 hours later.
Also note our office will be closed on April 18, 2014.
To apply for Priority FALL 2014 QUARTER complete steps 1 through 7.
* if you are currently a Sophomore or Junior – you may apply for Fall Quarter starting Feb 10th.* – Seniors may not apply for Fall Quarter.
Step 1: APPLY HERE Priority Fall Quarter: Applications will be available until April 25th.
You will first be asked to set up an account with your own user ID and password. After that you will then need to fill out the application to attend BC through the Running Start Program.
The online application consists of four sections. All required questions are marked with an asterisk(*). You can save the application at any time and return later to complete it. There is not an application fee. Use your legal name – no nicknames, when applying.
You know your application was submitted if you receive confirmation to the email provided on the application - ” If you received this email that means we have received your Fall Quarter 2014 application …..“ If you did not receive that – you did not complete the application, it is possible that you only created the username and password.
Once we process your application, wait to receive an email with your Bellevue College Student Identification Number (SID). You will receive this no later than April 30th. It is extremely important that you provide a valid e-mail address on your application. Often the SID email notification gets directed to your spam/junk folder. Be sure to check there too.
Step 2: Take the COMPASS assessment
Testing will not be available until March 3rd and you MUST sign up for test time.
Once you receive you Student Identification Number and testing instruction email, you must sign up for a specific date and time to come test. Do not delay in signing up and we recommend you choose the earliest time you can. The email you receive will include a link for you to sign up for a testing time. You may take the assessment a second time if you do not pass the first time.
On the day of your test, bring photo I.D., your BC student I.D. number, and a check or money order for $21.50. Failure to follow these instructions may result in not being able to take the test that day.
- Testing must be completed by Thursday May 1st (Including 2nd attempt if needed)
- Email the Running Start Office that you have taken the test email@example.com
- Wait for confirmation email from the Running Start Office that we have confirmed you have taken the test
Contact our office for options if you take the assessment twice and still do not pass.
Continue on if you placed into English 101
You will receive an email on or before Thursday, May 15th with information regarding the Running Start Enrollment Verification Form, and how to register for the mandatory orientation/registration and optional advising Workshops.
Step 3: Create your BC email account.
Now that you have passed the COMPASS test, you are half way there to being a BC student. You are required to create a BC email and it is your responsibility to check for messages often. Create a Bellevue College NetID Here, or check the MYBC and choose “create my account” on the Bellevue College website.
Step 4: Complete pre-orientation/registration online class (no cost, no credit but mandatory)
This needs to be completed no later than May 7th.
This self-paced online class can be completed in one day. Once you complete the testing and notify our office, we will send you instructions on completing the online class. You must complete before we will allow you to sign up for an orientation/registration date. It is important you don’t delay in testing and proceeding through the steps as the earlier you can complete these steps, the earlier date you can signup for orientation/registration (step 6) . Later registration dates will have fewer class options.
Step 5: Submit the Enrollment Verification Form
The Running Start Enrollment Verification Form must be submitted to the Running Start Office (B233) by 4:00 PM, Wednesday May 21, 2014.
Here is the process to do that:
- Print out the RS Enrollment Verification Form from the attachment we emailed you.
- Make an appointment to meet with your High School Counselor, Home School Counselor or School District Representative
- You will fill out the white top section of the RS Enrollment Verification Form
- In meeting with your High School Counselor you will plan your schedule. The counselor will then complete the gray area of the form and sign it
- You will then along with your parent/guardian carefully read the entire form, including the section immediately above the student/parent signature section which explanation of possible tuition and fees charged to you by the college.
- You and your parent/guardian must sign the form
- Submit to our office: in person, scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 425-564-6029
- It is your responsibility to submit this form – DO NOT leave it at your high school for them to do.
- We recommend that you keep a copy for your files before sending.
IMPORTANT: All sections of the form (student, counselor, parent/guardian) must be filled out and signed completely and accurately. If the form is not complete or correct, we will return the form to you. We are unable to accept a large portion of forms submitted to us because they are not complete and/or accurate.Please help us help you by submitting complete and accurate Running Start Enrollment Verification Form!
Step 6: Sign up for the Mandatory Orientation/Registration
You will choose only one: May 31, June 07, June 14, possibly June 21
You will receive THE FINAL STEPS email on or before Thursday, May 15th with information regarding how to register for the mandatory orientation/registration and optional advising Workshops.
The email you receive will include a link you need to use to sign yourself up for a specific session. There will be multiple 90 minute sessions throughout the day. Due to limited seating, only the student is able to sign up. Be sure to sign up only one time and use your legal name.
Step 7 – OPTIONAL – Sign up for the Advising Workshop
3:30PM – 4:30PM Room N201- Main Campus – will be offered on Tuesday May 27th, Wednesday June 4, Wednesday June 11
This is not a mandatory meeting, but we strongly recommend you attend especially home schooled students and those following HB 1758
You will receive THE FINAL STEPS email on or before Thursday May 15th with information regarding how to register for the mandatory orientation/registration and optional advising Workshops. (Same email as noted in Step 4.) The email you receive will include a link you need to use to sign yourself up for the session. Parents may attend this too. This is not a mandatory meeting, but we strongly recommend you attend especially home schooled students and those following HB 1758
You will attend a mandatory Running Start Orientation/Registration date that you signed up for
- You will register for classes during your orientation/registration date you signed up for.
- You will have seven days OR the first day of the quarter whichever comes first to pay any college assessed tuition and fees or your classes will get dropped for nonpayment.
- There will be an optional Parent Welcome Meeting held -dates TBD
Congratulations! You have made it through the various steps to becoming a Bellevue College Student. We are here to help you succeed!