Priority Fall applications closed May 13
We will reopen application early July -if you missed the deadline check back early July to apply to attend Fall 2016 .
Those that cannot meet all requirements in addition to being in town for Registration – will be moved to the Late Registration session in September.
You must currently be a Sophomore or Junior to apply for Fall Quarter.
Step 1: Complete online application (go to Forms tab) and complete Running Start Responsibility Agreement Form, print the form and submit to our office immediately)
Complete online application – under Forms Tab
Complete Running Start Responsibility Agreement Form, a parent or guardian must also sign the form and Scan and email form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bring to the Center for High School Programs Office
We cannot process the application until we also receive the completed Running Start Responsibility Agreement Form in addition to receiving the application.
Bellevue College Main Campus Building B Office 233 (directly above the Book Store)
Once we process your application, you will receive an email with your Bellevue College Student Identification Number (SID). It is extremely important that you provide a valid e-mail address on your application. Often the SID email notification gets directed to your spam/junk folder. Be sure to check there too
Running Start Application – go to forms tab to complete application. closed for now.
Running Start Responsibility Agreement Form – closed for now
click on form, complete form via computer (no handwritten forms will be accepted), then print and scan to email@example.com
If you are currently enrolled in Bellevue College as Running Start student DO NOT reapply.
Step 2: Create your BC email account:
We previously asked you to do this in the email we sent that included your SID and instructed you to come test. IF you have not done so – do so now.
You are required to create a BC email and it is your responsibility to check for messages often. Create a Bellevue College NetID Here, or check the MYBC and choose “create my account” on the Bellevue College website. Please note we will use the email provided on your application for all admission steps and communication until you have attended the mandatory registration session.
Note: Steps 3, 4 and 5 can be done in any order – the sooner the better. Do not delay – begin immediately. Deadlines are firm.
Step 3: Take the COMPASS Assessment – deadline to test is May 31 by 4pm – you will be sent a link to sign up for a specific date/time to test.
Once you receive you Student Identification Number and testing instruction email – you will be sent a link to sign up for a time to test. Do not delay and we recommend you test the earliest time you can. You may take the assessment a second time if you do not place into English 101 the first time.
On the day of your test, bring photo I.D., your BC student I.D. number, and a check or money order for $21.50. Failure to follow these instructions may result in not being able to take the test that day.
- Test Services is located in B142.
- Email the Running Start Office that you have taken the test: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact our office for options if you take the assessment twice and still do not place into English 101
Step 4: Complete orientation online class (no cost, no credit but mandatory) by 8am May 31- Available beginning April 4th.
This self-paced online class can be completed in one day. You must complete all modules before we will allow you to signup for a registration date. It is important you don’t delay in any of these steps.
Step 5: Submit the Enrollment Verification Form: by 5pm May 31st but not before May 1st.
The Running Start Enrollment Verification Form must be submitted to the Running Start Office (B233) by 5pm May 31, 2016
DO NOT BRING FORM WITH YOU TO REGISTRATION.
We need it prior to REGISTRATION to code the computer. Failure to follow this direction will result in a delay in your ability to register for classes.
Here is the process to do that:
- This form will be available early April. This will sent to applicants email account Mid April
- Make an appointment to meet with your High School Counselor, Home School Counselor or School District Representative
- You will fill out the white top section of the RS Enrollment Verification Form
- In meeting with your High School Counselor you will plan your schedule. The counselor will then complete the middle area of the form and sign it
- You will then along with your parent/guardian carefully read the entire form, including the section immediately above the student/parent signature section which is an explanation of possible tuition and fees charged to you by the college
- You and your parent/guardian must sign the form
- Submit to our office: in person, scan and email to email@example.com no later than 5pm on May 31, 2016
- It is your responsibility to submit this form – DO NOT leave it at your high school for them to do
- We recommend that you keep a copy for your files before sending
IMPORTANT: All sections of the form (student, counselor, parent/guardian) must be filled out and signed completely and accurately. If the form is not complete or incorrect, we will return the form to you. We are unable to accept a large portion of forms submitted to us because they are not complete and/or accurate. Please help us help you by submitting complete and accurate Running Start Enrollment Verification Form!
Step 6: Sign up for the Mandatory Registration
To be held on several dates beginning Mid May thru Mid June, 2016 – times to be determined – You must be available to attend registration up until mid June. If you leave town you may have to wait until September to register for classes. Priority Fall is only for those that meet all requirements.
Enrollment in specific college courses cannot be guaranteed – even if the classes are needed to fulfill district high school graduation requirements.
You will receive THE FINAL STEPS email only if you complete steps 2, 3 and 4 by the deadline noted above. The final email will provide you with how you will register for the mandatory Running Start Registration.
The email you receive will include a link you need to use to sign yourself up for a specific session. There will be multiple sessions throughout the day. Due to limited seating, only the student is able to sign up. Be sure to sign up only one time and use your legal name.
You will receive THE FINAL STEPS email with information regarding how to register for the mandatory Registration.
You will attend a mandatory Running Start Registration date that you signed up for
- You will register for classes during your registration session you signed up for
- Payment for classes and fees need to be paid immediately to avoid classes dropped for nonpayment – Running Start is not totally free – all students will have a bill
Congratulations! You have made it through the various steps to becoming a Bellevue College Student. We are here to help you succeed! Please note Running Start Mandatory Registration is for STUDENTS ONLY!
Last Updated May 19, 2016