Applications for Spring Quarter are now open.
Last day to submit your application and agreement form is by 5PM February 10th.
If you are now a Sophomore you must wait until we open applications for Fall 2016 (approximately Mid February 2016).
Step 1: Complete online then print both the Running Start Application and Running Start Agreement Form (both forms must be submitted to our office no later than 5pm, February 10, 2016, see details below)
Complete online then print the Running Start Application
Complete online then print and sign the Running Start Agreement Form, a parent or guardian must also sign the form
Scan and email both forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bring to the Center for High School Programs Office
Bellevue College Main Campus Building B Office 233 (directly above the Book Store)
Once we process your application, you will receive an email with your Bellevue College Student Identification Number (SID). It is extremely important that you provide a valid e-mail address on your application. Often the SID email notification gets directed to your spam/junk folder. Be sure to check there too
If you are currently enrolled in Bellevue College as Running Start student DO NOT reapply.
Step 2: Create your BC email account:
We previously asked you to do this in the email we sent that included your SID and instructed you to come test. IF you have not done so – do so now.
You are required to create a BC email and it is your responsibility to check for messages often. Create a Bellevue College NetID Here, or check the MYBC and choose “create my account” on the Bellevue College website. Please note we will use the email provided on your application for all admission steps and communication until you have attended the mandatory registration session.
Note: Steps 3, 4 and 5 can be done in any order – the sooner the better. Do not delay – begin immediately. Deadlines are firm.
Step 3: Take the COMPASS Assessment – deadline to test is February 22 by 4pm
Once you receive you Student Identification Number and testing instruction email – come during walk-in hours to take the assessment. Do not delay and we recommend you test the earliest time you can. You may take the assessment a second time if you do not place into English 101 the first time.
On the day of your test, bring photo I.D., your BC student I.D. number, and a check or money order for $21.50. Failure to follow these instructions may result in not being able to take the test that day.
- Test Services is located in B142.
- Email the Running Start Office that you have taken the test: email@example.com
- Contact our office for options if you take the assessment twice and still do not place into English 101
- Continue to check your email daily as all instructions are sent via email. Please do this from a desktop. We have noticed many students checking email from their smart phones do not see the emails we send
- Once we confirm your test scores we will email you the next instructions
Step 4: Complete orientation online class (no cost, no credit but mandatory) by February 22nd
This needs to be completed no later than 8am on February 22nd
This self-paced online class can be completed in one day. You must complete all modules before we will allow you to signup for an orientation/registration date. It is important you don’t delay in any of these steps. The earlier you can complete steps 2,3 and 4 the earlier date you can sign up for a registration session (step 6) Later registration dates will have fewer class options.
Step 5: Submit the Enrollment Verification Form: by February 22nd
The Running Start Enrollment Verification Form must be submitted to the Running Start Office (B233) by 5pm February 22, 2016
DO NOT BRING FORM WITH YOU TO REGISTRATION.
We need it prior to REGISTRATION to code the computer. Failure to follow this direction will result in a delay in your ability to register for classes.
Here is the process to do that:
- Print out the Running Start EVF from the attachment we emailed you.
- Make an appointment to meet with your High School Counselor, Home School Counselor or School District Representative
- You will fill out the white top section of the RS Enrollment Verification Form
- In meeting with your High School Counselor you will plan your schedule. The counselor will then complete the middle area of the form and sign it
- You will then along with your parent/guardian carefully read the entire form, including the section immediately above the student/parent signature section which is an explanation of possible tuition and fees charged to you by the college
- You and your parent/guardian must sign the form
- Submit to our office: in person, scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 425-564-6029 no later than 5pm on February 22, 2016
- It is your responsibility to submit this form – DO NOT leave it at your high school for them to do
- We recommend that you keep a copy for your files before sending
IMPORTANT: All sections of the form (student, counselor, parent/guardian) must be filled out and signed completely and accurately. If the form is not complete or incorrect, we will return the form to you. We are unable to accept a large portion of forms submitted to us because they are not complete and/or accurate. Please help us help you by submitting complete and accurate Running Start Enrollment Verification Form!
Step 6: Sign up for the Mandatory Registration
To be held on March 4, 2016 – times to be determined – .
* Many classes will be full at this time – Enrollment in specific college courses cannot be guaranteed – even if the classes are needed to fulfill district high school graduation requirements.
You will receive THE FINAL STEPS email only if you complete steps 2, 3 and 4 by the deadline noted above. The final email will provide you with how you will register for the mandatory Running Start Registration.
The email you receive will include a link you need to use to sign yourself up for a specific session. There will be multiple sessions throughout the day. Due to limited seating, only the student is able to sign up. Be sure to sign up only one time and use your legal name.
You will receive THE FINAL STEPS email with information regarding how to register for the mandatory Registration.
You will attend a mandatory Running Start Registration date that you signed up for
- You will register for classes during your registration session you signed up for
- Payment for classes and fees need to be paid immediately to avoid classes dropped for nonpayment – Running Start is not totally free – all students will have a bill
Congratulations! You have made it through the various steps to becoming a Bellevue College Student. We are here to help you succeed! Please note Running Start Mandatory Registration is for STUDENTS ONLY!