Bellevue College’s Astronomy Department and the Science and Math Institute are pleased to sponsor free planetarium shows to the public on select Saturdays of each month. The Planetarium is a special domed-ceiling room (room B-244) where the nighttime sky is accurately produced. Please check here for more details as they become available.
Saturday, January 21, 2017 “Wonders of the Universe” at 6pm and 7pm
Saturday, February 18, 2017 “New Horizons” at 6pm and 7pm
Saturday, March 18, 2017 “Secret Lives of Stars” at 6pm and 7pm
Reservations can be made through Brown Paper Tickets at http://www.brownpapertickets.com/ with the search term “Bellevue Planetarium.” Each link to Brown Paper Tickets is unique and becomes live a week prior to the show date at 9am. When you reserve your ticket, your name will be automatically entered onto the will-call list. The presenter will check your name off when you enter. Doors will open 15-minutes prior to the start of the show.
When you finalize your reservations, you will receive a confirmation email. There is information in that email about cancelling your reservations in case your plans change. We do not charge for these events, but we need your help to keep it that way, please follow the steps in the confirmation email to release your tickets if you cannot attend. If the show is sold out and you still are hoping to attend, you may arrive before the show is scheduled to start and see if there are any last minute cancellations. *This does not guarantee admission into the planetarium.*
Parking is free in any of the lots on the weekends. We recommend parking in the parking garage and walking over to the B-building. The planetarium is located on the second floor of the B-building. If you have not been here before, please allow extra time to find the planetarium. A map can be found here Planetarium Map.
For more information call the Science and Math Institute at 425-564-3055.
Bellevue College’s Astronomy Department and the Science and Math Institute invite you and your students to experience the wonders of our solar system…under our planetarium’s skies. In our planetarium we are able to recreate the clear night sky, which enables students to explore the stars and constellations. You may choose a full-dome video (descriptions HERE) to accompany the live segment portion of your show.
- Times: All of our presentations are 45 minutes in length, and take place from 10:30am to 11:15am, Monday through Friday while school is in session. Presentations must begin at 10:30am, so we suggest that each class arrive 10 minutes early.
- Maximum number: Our planetarium seats 60. The total number of students, teachers, and chaperones may not exceed 60.
- Cost: The cost is $100 for a 45-minute presentation.
- Reservations: All shows are booked on a first-come first-served basis and must be made at least three weeks in advance. To request a planetarium show, please click here to fill out the reservation request form.
- Special shows can be arranged for evenings and weekends, providing a showgiver is available. Cost for a special show is $250.
- Terms and Conditions
Last Updated January 9, 2017