The Central Sound Regional Science & Engineering Fair (CSRSEF) is an annual science and engineering competition for 9th-12th grade students in King and Snohomish Counties in Washington State. The CSRSEF encourages and rewards innovative student research and provides professional scientists and engineers the chance to interact with some of the best and brightest young students in the greater Seattle/Everett region.
October 12, 2015–Registration Opens
January 27, 2016–Registration for projects due that need Scientific Review Committee (SRC)/Institutional Review Board (IRB) consideration
February 17, 2016–Registration closes for CSRSEF 2016.
March 12, 2016–CSRSEF at Bellevue College
Are you a middle school student in King or Snohomish counties? You may go directly to the Washington State Science and Engineering Fair.
Why do a Science or Engineering Fair Project?
The top 2 winners of the fair will win all-expense paid trips to compete in the Intel International Science & Engineering Fair in Phoenix, AZ in May 2016. Prizes will be awarded to category winners and several local and national organizations will be on hand to present special awards.
Benefits of Science Fair Projects:
- Looks great on resumes and college applications
- Develops skills in critical thinking, problem solving, communication, and organization
- Meets many of the Washington State Science Learning Standards
- Gives students the opportunity to explore their unique interests in science and engineering
- Connects students to science and engineering professions
- Makes learning engaging and fun!
Ready to get started?
Use the navigation menu to discover the many ways to get involved!