IF DANGER IS IMMINENT, CALL 911 FIRST,
AND THEN CALL
In the case of injury or some other medical emergency-
- Call Public Safety at ext. 2400 (or 564-2400 from a main campus public pay phone; it will be a free call). State that medical aid is needed and describe:
Public Safety will call an aid car if needed. A Security officer will arrive at the scene as soon as possible.
After calling Public Safety, return to the injured person; do not leave the scene or leave the injured person alone again.
Do not move the injured person.
Give first aid if you are qualified to do so.
If you are in doubt or are unable to reach Public Safety, call 911 from a pay phone (as a free call on the main campus) or 911 from a campus phone.
- your location, including the building & room number if you know them,
- the campus phone number from which you are calling,
- the location of the injured/sick person (if different from your location),
- the person’s present condition (e.g., bleeding, breathing erratically, unconscious),
- the nature of the injury or medical problem if the person has been able to tell you what is wrong.