If danger is imminent, call 911 first,
and then call Public Safety.
If you see any violent or threatening behavior which you think is an immediate
danger to people or property –
- Secure your own safety and the safety of others around you. Remain where
you are until it is clearly safe for you to leave the area.
- Call Public Safety at ext. 2400 and 911. (From a main campus pay phone dial
564-2400 or 911; the calls will be free.)
Describe the following:
- the location where the incident took place/is taking place,
- the individual(s) involved in the violence (physical features, clothing,
- any weapons involved.
- Cooperate with Public Safety and with local law enforcement personnel
when they have responded to the call and taken control of the situation.
- If you are a witness, be prepared to make a statement describing what you
saw, what happened when, etc.