We need your suggestions for an employee Captain of Sustainability in every work team and space on campus
The Captains of Sustainability Program is a network of staff, administrators and faculty working together to achieve one common goal: Promoting a culture of sustainability at Bellevue College. The Captains will share and discuss ideas, encourage conservation and implement small projects in their work environment.
The Captains are people who:
- Possess an interest sustainability and conservation principles and results
- Communicate well and can motivate their colleagues
- Interact regularly with a group of other employees
The benefits include:
- Recognition for making your work team and the college more environmentally and financially sustainable
- Experience and knowledge in sustainable practices
- The unique opportunity to build cooperation in your team and develop leadership skills
Visit the Captains on MyBC https://go.mybcc.net/adminservices/sustainability/captains/default.aspx
Join us in the afternoon at the Classified Staff Professional Development for “BEST PRACTICES IN SUSTAINABILITY”: 1:15 to 2:45 pm in the N Building. This training session will guide you to become eco-conscious of your daily activities at home, at work, and your commute to save money and the environment.
Please suggest potential Captains of Sustainability, (including yourself) to Deric Gruen, deric.gruen@BellevueCollege.edu or x2720 or Terri Ramsey, terriramsey@BellevueCollege.edu. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or comments.
Last Updated January 21, 2011