Acceptable Transfer Credits
In general, BC only accepts credits earned at institutions accredited by their regional accrediting association provided that such credits have been earned through college-level courses that are applicable to the student’s program at BC.
There are six regional accrediting agencies. College level credits earned at the institutions accredited by one of the regional accrediting agencies are acceptable to BC based on their applicability.
Below are the six regional accrediting agencies:
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA)
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA)
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
To find out if an educational institution is accredited by their regional accrediting association, you can use the accreditation database provided by the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Post-secondary Education. On the website, you can search an institution by its name and find its accrediting agency.
Credits from non-regionally accredited institutions need to follow the college’s policies and procedures for awarding non-traditional credit.