Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB)

If you were engaged in college-level study in high school through the Advanced Placement (AP) or the International Baccalaureate (IB) program, you may receive credit toward a BC degree or certificate, placement in advanced classes, or both, on the basis of the subjects and scores.

Credit Equivalency Table

Here you can view the AP and IB credit charts which show BC’s policy on granting credits and course placement for the examinations and the minimum score required.

View AP Credit Equivalency Chart (updated May 2016)

View IB Credit Equivalency Chart (updated March 2015)

Information on the credit equivalent charts is applicable to BC only.

(These document requires Adobe Reader for viewing. Download Adobe Reader for free.)

To Receive Course Placement

To use your AP or IB credit to clear course prerequisites for academic subjects such as English, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry or Psychology, submit a request at the Online Prerequisite Check website with a copy of your test report. If approved, your prerequisite will be cleared in 2-3 business days and the prerequisite block will be removed. If denied, you will be notified by e-mail. Visit the Course Prerequisites website for detailed information about prerequisite check.

To Receive College Credit

AP/IB credit is granted according to the subject and score earned. If you plan to earn a degree or certificate at BC, read the following information about receiving college credit for eligible AP/IB subject test.

Who should request a credit review for AP/IB examination?
You may request a credit review for your AP/IB exam if you meet both of the following two requirements:

  1. Currently enrolled in credit classes OR have completed credit classes in the past at BC.
  2. Plan to receive a degree at BC.

How to request a credit review for AP/IB examination?
Follow the steps below:

  • Before submitting the request, use the AP equivalency chart or IB equivalency chart to see if your test score is eligible for college credit.
  • If the score is eligible for credit and both requirements listed above are met, fill out and submit an Official Transfer Credit Evaluation Request Form to the Evaluations Office.
  • Request an official test report to be sent to BC.
    • For AP exams, visit the College Board website (BC code# 4029). You may also contact College Board by phone at (609) 771-7300 or toll-free (888) 225-5427, or mail to AP Exams, P.O. Box 6671, Princeton, NJ 08541-6671.
    • For IB exams, you can contact the IB Organization .
    • To ensure your score report match up with your BC academic record, be sure to identify your name and Social Security Number in the exact same way you currently have at BC.

Awarding of AP/IB credits

  • The requests will be processed within 16 weeks.
  • You will be notified by e-mail when the review is complete.
  • Approved credits will be noted at the end of your BC official transcripts.
  • The BC equivalent course will be recorded and can be viewed in Degree Audit.
  • Here are some examples which show how credits are posted on your BC official transcript:
    • AP ENGL& 101 (Score 5) 5.0 credits
    • AP BIOL& 160, 162 (Score 4) 10.0 credits
    • IB CHEMISTRY (Score5) 5.0 credits
  • Credits will not be granted if the equivalent college course has been taken.
  • A maximum of 60 quarter AP/IB credits may be awarded, although not all credits apply toward a BC degree or certificate.

Back to top

Last Updated May 23, 2016