UPDATED Application Instructions for Fall, 2017
January 5, 2017 – The updated application instructions for fall, 2017 are included below. We will not be utilizing an electronic application system in 2017. The official Diagnostic Ultrasound application, as well as all other paperwork, will be submitted in printed form. This information was updated on Thursday, January 5, 2017 to correct items listed in Step 5.
January 9, 2017 – The program application was updated today.
Applications for classes starting Fall 2017 opens on January 3rd, 2017 and closes on February 24, 2017.
Review the Application Checklist
Before you begin the application process, review our application checklist. It’s your responsibility to make sure that your application is complete and submitted before the deadline for admissions consideration.
If you are a first time BC student or a previous BC student who is returning to the college after four or more quarters, you must apply to the college first – see Step 1. For current BC students, skip Step 1 and start at Step 2.
Step 1: Complete Bellevue College General Admissions Application
Go to: (http://www.bellevuecollege.edu/admissions/apply/) and pay a college general admission fee of $34.
- Print a receipt and submit with your application materials (applications will not be reviewed without receipt).
Step 2: Pay a Diagnostic Ultrasound Application Fee of ($40)
Note: You will need a BC Student ID number for this process.
- Go to registration site https://www.ctc.edu/~bellevue/webreg/waci221.html
- Register using the item number “APPI” and make a payment of $40 (This is a non-refundable application fee).
- Print a receipt and submit with your application materials
Note: Applications will not be processed until this fee has been paid. (Fee can only be paid between Jan. 4th – Feb. 26th)
Step 3: Complete a Diagnostic Ultrasound Application Form
Diagnostic Ultrasound Application
Applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm (Pacific time) on the deadline date via postal mail or in-person.
Step 4: Create a Video Statement
There are many formatting options available other than DVD. For example, applicants can submit a MP4 file on a thumb drive.
Step 5: Mail or Hand-Deliver:
- BC admission application fee ($34) receipt (if required)
- DUTEC application fee ($40) receipt
- BC Diagnostic Ultrasound program application COMPLETED
- Personal statement
- Reapplicant statement (only required from applicants who have previously applied)
- Submit unofficial transcripts from regionally accredited college. Unofficial transcripts from all colleges attended for prerequisite courses are required.
- Signed prerequisite equivalency worksheet (for applicants who completed prerequisites at other colleges or have alternate prerequisite approved)
- A resume, citing education and work experience detailed to meet program requirements
- Proof of Certified Nursing Assistant training and certification (optional)
- One copy of your Video Statement
- Two head shot photos (wallet sized)
Step 6: Submit Application Materials
Mail or hand-deliver your transcripts and other required documents on or before the deadline date to:
Diagnostic Ultrasound, T208
3000 Landerholm Circle SE
Bellevue, WA 98007-6484
Applying for Additional Programs
Some students apply for more than one program within the Health Sciences, Education and Wellness Institute. For instance, you might want to apply for Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Radiologic Technology or Neurodiagnostic Technology programs. If you would like to do this, please note that you will need to complete an application and pay an application fee for each program.
You should also know that each program has unique requirements, procedures, and application periods/deadlines. It’s your responsibility make sure that your application is complete and submitted before each deadline.
You can learn more about related imaging programs by visiting their websites.