These instructions apply to BFET, WorkFirst, and Opportunity Grant
General Information about Book Accounts
- You are receiving book funds to pay for required books only.
- No optional books or other supplies are allowed.
- Examples of unallowed supplies include: calculators, backpacks, pens, notebooks, dictionaries, clothing items, scantrons, laptop rentals or recommended computer software. If you are in doubt about an item, talk to your advisor before you purchase it.
You will be responsible for the costs of any unallowed purchases.
If you receive a financial aid award, you will no longer receive book funds from a Workforce Education program. You can take advantage of the bookstore’s low-cost rental program.
Workforce Education programs have a limited number of laptops and calculators to lend. Please ask your advisor about how to borrow these items.
Before you go to the bookstore:
Print a copy of your schedule and bring a valid photo ID with you to the bookstore.
At the bookstore:
Get your books at the book counter and then get in the cashier line.
Inform the cashier that you have a BFET, Opportunity Grant or WorkFirst book account.
Be prepared to show your photo ID and give your student ID number.
The cashier will charge the account and will give you a receipt. KEEP THIS RECEIPT!!!
Additional books, exchanges, or returns:
Follow bookstore policies. The cashier will give you a receipt for all transactions.
If you cannot purchase all the required books at one time, or if you need to return or exchange a book, you can simply return to the bookstore and repeat the above process.
NO EXCHANGES OR RETURNS ALLOWED WITHOUT THE ORIGINAL RECEIPT.
If there is not an active book account for you:
This could mean several things:
- You are not eligible for book funds because you have been awarded financial aid;
- You have exceeded the $1,000 limit (applies to Opportunity Grant only);
- You have not finished the financial aid application process (have not turned in requested documents to the Financial Aid office);
- You have not turned in a Quarterly Enrollment Form to Workforce Education;
- You were not yet registered for classes when accounts were set up.
Check with your advisor if you have concerns.
Contact your advisor or come by B131 if you have any questions.
Last Updated November 2, 2016