Celebrate Homecoming and transform the sidewalk at Bellevue College into vibrant colors and works of art!
The contest is open to artists and artist groups ages 14 and over. As a registered artist or group of 2-3, you will be given a square of sidewalk in the breezeway between A and B buildings to work with. Squares will be assigned upon check in on the morning of the event.
- Overall Best of Show
- People’s Choice Award– All age groups included
No entry fee. Preregistration is recommended. If space is available, participants may register the day of the event.. Entries will be processed in the order they are received. Please complete the registration form and return by Friday, Sept. 30.
Event Schedule – Friday, Oct. 14
- 9 – 10 a.m. – Artists and art groups check in at the table outside A101.
- 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. – Artists and art groups will be creating their masterpieces. Individuals are welcome to come view them at work.
- 2 p.m. – View the artwork and cast your people’s choice vote.
- 3 p.m. – Winners Announced
Should bring their own
- Knee pads
Chalk will be provided or you may bring your own.
- Only washable chalk may be in your design. No acrylic paints, liquid pastels, oil -based pastels, hard pastels, etc. will be allowed
- Designs must not exceed beyond their designated square. Approximate size of square will be 4’x4’. Your design must fit inside the 4’x4’ square
- All artwork must be appropriate for public viewing by all ages; No lewd, graphic violence, gore, nudity
- No political messages, words or symbols intended as advertising may appear in the image or space provided
- Digital photos will be taken, Bellevue College. reserves the right to use photographs for marketing, promotion and publicity purposes
- Organizers have the right to disqualify and/or remove any inappropriate art or writing as they deem necessary
- Spaces will be assigned on first come first served basis
- Official judging based on first impression, creativity, originality, skill and use of color. Decision of the judges are final.
For additional sidewalk chalk contest information contact: Laura Gettleman: firstname.lastname@example.org (425) 564-2664
Last Updated September 27, 2016