The mission of the ABE Program at Bellevue College is to offer a flexible program to meet the diverse needs of students needing basic skills to become more self-sufficient by offering courses to support students’ goals in transitioning to college classes, completing the GED®, or improving employment opportunities. Students will be able to function independently, participate more fully in a global economy, and exercise the rights and responsibilities of citizenship.
Classes will all be delivered remotely for the spring quarter.
If you are a new student to the ABE program, please visit the reservation page to make an Intake Appointment for Spring 2020.
If you are a returning student to ABE/GED/HS+ program, please contact email@example.com.
ABE math classes
ABE math classes help students learn math operations and use math in real situations. In the five different levels, they develop skills to:
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide decimals, fractions, and percents.
- Solve basic and intermediate algebra and geometry problems.
- Read and analyze data, charts, and graphs
ABE English classes help students improve their reading and writing skills. In the four different levels, they develop skills to:
- Read articles, papers, short novels, maps, graphs, charts, and other types of writing.
- Write evidence-based, persuasive short and extended responses and essays
- Improve grammar, spelling, and vocabulary.
GED® Test Preparation classes
GED® Test Preparation classes at Bellevue College are designed for students with well-developed reading skills to:
- Review and prepare for the four GED® tests.
- Identify readiness to take the GED® tests based on in-class practice tests.
- Develop test-taking strategies and study skills.
HIGH SCHOOL+ (HS+)
High School + is a competency-based high school equivalency program for adult learners 18 and older who do not have a high school diploma or equivalency. Interested in HS+ classes for the Spring quarter, please contact 425-564-2342 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 425-564-2067 or ABE@bellevuecollege.edu.