The mission of the ABE Program at Bellevue College is to offer a flexible program to meet the diverse needs of students needing basic skills to become more self-sufficient by offering courses to support students’ goals in transitioning to college classes, completing the GED®, or improving employment opportunities. Students will be able to function independently, participate more fully in a global economy, and exercise the rights and responsibilities of citizenship.
Due to COVID-19, our office is currently closed to the public. We are still here for you, and working online and remotely.
Tuition for ABE,HS+,HSC (GED®) and ESL is $25
TUITION WAIVERS are available if you have: Quest card, unemployed, DSHS, SSI, TANF, WIC, HUD, Free or reduced lunch, or have a letter from a church or community organization. Please ask us for more information.
NEW STUDENTS WELCOME!
FOR MORE INFO FOR Adult Basic Education, HS+, HSC (GED®) classes
Please contact: email@example.com
OR visit https://www.bellevuecollege.edu/abe/ OR https://www.bellevuecollege.edu/abe/classes/ged/
If you are a NEW student to the ABE program, please visit this website again at the end of July to get Intake Info for Fall 2020.
If you are a RETURNING student to ABE/HSC(GED®)/HS+ program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALL ABE CLASSES WILL BE ONLINE FOR FALL 2020!
ABE math classes
ABE math classes help students learn math operations and use math in real situations. In the five different levels, they develop skills to:
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide decimals, fractions, and percents.
- Solve basic and intermediate algebra and geometry problems.
- Read and analyze data, charts, and graphs
ABE English classes help students improve their reading and writing skills. In the four different levels, they develop skills to:
- Read articles, papers, short novels, maps, graphs, charts, and other types of writing.
- Write evidence-based, persuasive short and extended responses and essays
- Improve grammar, spelling, and vocabulary.
GED® Test Preparation classes
GED® Test Preparation classes at Bellevue College are designed for students with well-developed reading skills to:
- Review and prepare for the four GED® tests.
- Identify readiness to take the GED® tests based on in-class practice tests.
- Develop test-taking strategies and study skills.
HIGH SCHOOL+ (HS+)
High School + is a competency-based high school equivalency program for adult learners 18 and older who do not have a high school diploma or equivalency. Interested in HS+ classes for the Spring quarter, please contact 425-564-2342 or email: email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 425-564-2067 or ABE@bellevuecollege.edu.