The ABE program offers day and evening courses in English, math and GED® prep. The English and math courses begin at elementary levels and provide rigorous academic instruction for GED® preparation, college preparation, and employment. Completion of a three day ABE Orientation is required to determine appropriate placement into the program. Substantial and sustained progress is required for continued enrollment.
There is a $25 tuition fee per quarter which covers all courses taken in the ABE program. There is a tuition fee waiver available for those who qualify.
We currently offer the following courses:
ABE math classes
ABE math classes help students learn math operations and use math in real situations. In the five different levels, they develop skills to:
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide decimals, fractions and percents.
- Solve basic and intermediate algebra and geometry problems.
- Read and analyze data, charts and graphs
ABE English classes help students improve their reading and writing skills. In the four different levels, they develop skills to:
- Read articles, papers, short novels, maps, graphs, charts, and other types of writing.
- Write evidence-based, persuasive short and extended responses and essays
- Improve grammar, spelling, and vocabulary.
GED® Test Preparation classes
GED® Test Preparation classes at Bellevue College are designed for students with well-developed reading skills to:
- Review and prepare for the four GED® tests.
- Identify readiness to take the GED® tests based on in-class practice tests.
- Develop test taking strategies and study skills.
Last Updated March 29, 2019