Board of Trustees Meeting Agenda
March 2, 2011
A regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of Community College District VIII, 3000 Landerholm Circle SE, state of Washington, will be held on Wednesday, March 2, 2011. The business session will begin at 1:30 p.m. in room B201. Vijay Vashee, Chair, will preside.
LUNCH – 12:00 PM – A201
The Trustees will have lunch together. No business will be conducted.
EXECUTIVE SESSION – 12:30 PM
There will be an executive session for sixty minutes to discuss the evaluation of state employees; to review collective bargaining sessions with an employee organization; and to discuss with legal counsel litigation or potential litigation to which the agency is a party.
BUSINESS SESSION – 1:30 PM
- January 28, 2011 Board Meeting Minutes - Lucinda Taylor [Tab 1]
CONSTITUENT REPORTS – 1:35 PM
- Faculty - Doug Brown
- Classified - Melissa Sitzenstock
- Student - Shelton Barnes
INFORMATION ITEMS – 2:05 PM
- Bellevue College Speech and Debate Team - Denise Vaughan and students - [Tab 2]
- Fresh Start Success Stories - Tom Pritchard and students - [Tab 3]
ACTION ITEMS – 2:30 PM
- Tenure Review Recommendations for the 2011-12 Academic Year - Tom Nielsen - [Tab 4]
RECEPTION – 2:40 PM
The Board will recess for approximately 30 minutes to host a reception for newly tenured faculty members. The college community is invited to attend.
FUTURE ACTION ITEMS – 3:10 PM
- Sabbatical Leave Authorization for the 2011-12 Academic Year - Tom Nielsen - [Tab 5]
STAFF AND BOARD REPORTS – 3:20 PM
- Capital and Facilities Master Plan - Paul Chiles
- Economic Development - Vijay Vashee
- New Campus Development - Vicki Orrico
- Foundation/Campaign - Vicki Orrico
- Long Range Finance/Resource Planning - Steve Miller
- Strategic Plan/Accreditation - Marie Gunn
- TACTC Board of Directors - Marie Gunn
- TACTC and BC Legislative Committees - Steve Miller, Vicki Orrico
- Work Plan Oversight - Paul Chiles, Marie Gunn
- President - Jean Floten
UNSCHEDULED BUSINESS / COMMUNITY TESTIMONY – 4:00 PM
EXECUTIVE SESSION – 4:15 PM
There will be an executive session for fifteen minutes to discuss the selection of a site or the purchase of real estate, when publicity regarding such consideration would cause a likelihood of increased price; and to discuss the evaluation of state employees.
ADJOURNMENT – 4:30 PM
Please note: Times indicated on the agenda are only estimates and are subject to change.