Our Advising Method:
STEP 1: Make sure that your academic record is up to date and includes any transferred credits.
- For questions about credit transfers (including AP/IB courses and credit from previous colleges/universities), check out the Transfer Enrollment page or submit a Student Central Request.
STEP 2: Fill out the Educational Planning Worksheet with classes you’ve completed towards your degree/certificate. (*See sample plans below)
- Are you unsure about which program to pursue? Sign up for an individual or group advising session to explore different majors and careers!
STEP 3: Find out which classes you still need to complete.
- Run a Degree Audit Report:
- Your PIN is your birthday (mm/dd/yy)
- Click on the list to view all the degrees and certificates.
- Select the degree you’re pursuing.
- Click “expand all” to see which requirements you’ve fulfilled.
- Click “course options” for the list of classes that fulfill requirements.
- Investigate your Bellevue College Degree or Certificate Requirements.
- Review courses required toward particular university majors.
- Determine the sequence of math and English courses you need to take by reviewing the flowcharts on the Placement and Testing Center’s website.
- If this is your first quarter at Bellevue College, your math and/or English assessment will determine where you begin on the flowchart.
- Keep in mind the prerequisite grades that you’ll need to obtain to move on to the next class.
STEP 4: Decide which classes to take.
- Check out this year’s course catalog and course descriptions for information about each class and its prerequisites.
- If you’re planning on transferring to a university, talk with your school of interest about major requirements.
- Use the class schedule to determine when classes will be held in the upcoming quarter.
- Tentatively find out when courses will be offered during the rest of the year with the projected annual course offering.
STEP 5: Register for your classes.
- Use the Schedule Planner to create a schedule around your personal time.
Sample Educational Plans:
The following sample plans will give you an idea of which courses to take when, and they’ll assist you in course sequencing. These are unofficial.
- Biology – Associate in Arts & Science
- Biology – Associate in Science Track 1
- Business – Associate in Business 12 Credit 1st Quarter Option
- Business – Associate in Business
- Chemistry or Biochemistry – Associate in Science Track 1
- Communication Studies – Associate in Arts & Science 12 Credit 1st Quarter
- Education – Associate in Arts & Science 12 Credit 1st Quarter Option
- Mechanical Engineering – Associate in Science Track 2
- Nursing – Associate in Arts & Science
- Physics and Astronomy – Associate in Arts & Science
- Physics and Astronomy – Associate in Science Track 2
- Pre Medical – Associate in Science Track 1
- Undecided – Associate in Arts & Science
- Academic Calendar
- GPA Calculator
- Use this tool to calculate your quarterly or long-range GPA (Grade Point Average).
- Foreign Language Requirements
- Find out the level of foreign language that universities require.
- Math Resources
- Check out this page for links to Math help websites, books, and tutoring opportunities.
Last Updated May 3, 2019