STEP 1: Make sure that your academic record is up to date and includes any transferred credits.
- For questions about credit transfers (including AP/IB courses and credit from previous colleges/universities), check out the Transfer Enrollment page or submit a Student Central Request.
STEP 2: Fill out the Educational Planning Worksheet with classes you’ve completed towards your degree/certificate. (*See sample plans below)
- Are you unsure about which program to pursue?
STEP 3: Find out which classes you still need to complete.
- Run a Degree Audit Report:
- Review Degree or Certificate Requirements.
- Discover requirements for particular university majors.
- Determine the sequence of math and English courses you need to take.
- If this is your first quarter at Bellevue College, your math and/or English assessment will determine where you begin on the flowchart.
STEP 4: Decide which classes to take.
- Check out this year’s course catalog and course descriptions for information about each class and its prerequisites.
- If you’re planning on transferring to a university, talk with your school of interest about major requirements.
- Use the class schedule to determine when classes will be held in the upcoming quarter.
STEP 5: Register for your classes.
- Academic Calendar
- GPA Calculator
- Foreign Language Requirements for University Transfer
- Math Resources
Sample Educational Plans:
The following sample plans will give you an idea of which courses to take when, and they’ll assist you in course sequencing. These are unofficial.
- Biology – Associate in Arts & Science
- Biology – Associate in Science Track 1
- Business – Associate in Business 12 Credit 1st Quarter Option
- Business – Associate in Business
- Chemistry or Biochemistry – Associate in Science Track 1
- Communication Studies – Associate in Arts & Science 12 Credit 1st Quarter
- Education – Associate in Arts & Science 12 Credit 1st Quarter Option
- Mechanical Engineering – Associate in Science Track 2
- Nursing – Associate in Arts & Science
- Physics and Astronomy – Associate in Arts & Science
- Physics and Astronomy – Associate in Science Track 2
- Pre Medical – Associate in Science Track 1
- Undecided – Associate in Arts & Science
Last Updated April 1, 2020