Our Advising Method:
STEP 1: Make sure that your academic record is up to date and includes any transferred credits.
- For questions about credit transfers (including AP/IB courses and credit from previous colleges/universities), check out the Transfer Enrollment page or contact the Evaluations Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (425) 564-2222.
STEP 2: Fill out the Educational Planning Worksheet* with classes you’ve completed towards your degree/certificate. (*See sample plans below)
- Are you unsure about which program to pursue? Sign up for an individual or group advising session to explore different majors and careers!
STEP 3: Find out which classes you still need to complete.
- Run a Degree Audit Report:
- Your PIN is your birthday (mm/dd/yy)
- Click on the list to view all the degrees and certificates.
- Select the degree you’re pursuing.
- Click “expand all” to see which requirements you’ve fulfilled.
- Click “course options” for the list of classes that fulfill requirements.
- Investigate your Bellevue College Degree or Certificate Requirements.
- Review courses required toward particular university majors.
- Determine the sequence of math and English courses you need to take by reviewing the flowcharts on the Placement and Testing Center’s website.
- If this is your first quarter at Bellevue College, your math and/or English assessment will determine where you begin on the flowchart.
- Keep in mind the prerequisite grades that you’ll need to obtain to move on to the next class.
STEP 4: Decide which classes to take.
- Check out this year’s course catalog and course descriptions for information about each class and its prerequisites.
- If you’re planning on transferring to a university, talk with your school of interest about major requirements.
- Use the class schedule to determine when classes will be held in the upcoming quarter.
- Tentatively find out when courses will be offered during the rest of the year with the projected annual course offering.
STEP 5: Register for your classes.
- Use the Schedule Planner to create a schedule around your personal time.
Sample Educational Plans:
The following sample plans will give you an idea of which courses to take when, and they’ll assist you in course sequencing. These are unofficial.
- Biology – Associate in Arts & Science
- Biology – Associate in Science Track 1
- Business – Associate in Business 12 Credit 1st Quarter Option
- Business – Associate in Business
- Chemistry or Biochemistry – Associate in Science Track 1
- Communication Studies – Associate in Arts & Science 12 Credit 1st Quarter
- Education – Associate in Arts & Science 12 Credit 1st Quarter Option
- Mechanical Engineering – Associate in Science Track 2
- Nursing – Associate in Arts & Science
- Physics and Astronomy – Associate in Arts & Science
- Physics and Astronomy – Associate in Science Track 2
- Pre Medical – Associate in Science Track 1
- Undecided – Associate in Arts & Science
- Academic Calendar
- GPA Calculator
- Use this tool to calculate your quarterly or long-range GPA (Grade Point Average).
- Repeated Grade Policy
- Foreign Language Requirements
- Find out the level of foreign language that universities require.
- Math Resources
- Check out this page for links to Math help websites, books, and tutoring opportunities.
Visit Bellevue College’s Academic Success Center for additional help and resources (including tutoring).
Last Updated November 20, 2018