Welcome to the Alcohol/Drug Counseling Program at Bellevue College. Our program provides the knowledge, skills, attitudes and training required for counseling in the field of chemical dependency intervention, prevention and treatment. Courses are designed for individuals who are:
- Completing state requirements to become a Chemical Dependency Professional (CDP) outlined in the RCW 18.205 and WAC 246-811.
- Completing the requirements to become a certified Alcohol/Drug Information School (ADIS) Instructor.
- Completing the requirements to receive the Bellevue College Certificate of Achievement in Alcohol/Drug Counseling.
- Seeking Continuing Education Hours for maintaining current state and national certification or applying for re-certification.
- Interested in learning more about addiction and how it affects individuals, families and society.