Why do I need advising?
You probably have many questions about the field of chemical dependency treatment, job availability, applicable prior learning and sometimes, personal recovery issues. These questions are best addressed in individual meetings. The purpose of advising in the Alcohol and Drug Counseling Program is to:
- Discuss personal and professional goals.
- Discuss the rules and regulations that define eligibility to practice as a CDPT.
- Review transcripts and previous educational experience.
- Review the pros and cons of online vs. traditional classroom learning.
- Create an individualized education plan.
- Get answers to your questions about the program.
What should I bring to my individual advising session?
- Official or unofficial college transcripts (if available)
- Lots of questions!
The HSEWI Health Science Education Wellness Institute office is located in T208. Office hours are from 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday. The Alcohol & Drug Counseling program Director has flexible office hours to accommodate the needs of working students and other individuals who are unavailable to meet during normal office hours.
To schedule an advising appointment
Last Updated February 2, 2018