Salary: $16/hour Job Type: Hourly
- Overall GPA of 3.2 or above, either currently or in previous education
- A, A- or B+ in subject areas you wish to tutor
- Approval for each course/subject area you plan to tutor in
- BC Students: Need instructor approval
- Non-students: Need departmental approval via unofficial transcript
- Ability to attend tutor training sessions and complete FERPA and Title IX training
- Ability to communicate effectively with multicultural populations and to facilitate equitable learning
- Patience and empathy for students’ individual learning styles
- Desire to empower students and help them become independent learners
- Commitment to tutor at least three consecutive quarters
- Complete a Tutor Application
- Email application and unofficial transcript to email@example.com
- Applications will be reviewed in response to staffing needs
- If positions are available, you will be contacted via email for an interview
*Instructors may email course recommendations directly to the ASC firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email email@example.com or call 425-564-2200 for further questions.
- Following approval of your employment, an orientation will be scheduled to complete hiring paperwork. You will need to present documents that prove work eligibility.
- During the quarter, a mandatory 8-hour training session will be scheduled. Upon completion of the training and 25 hours of tutoring, you will receive an internationally recognized certificate verifying completion of the College Reading & Learning Association’s tutor training.
- Lab specific training may be required
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 425-564-2492, or stop by D204 for further questions. Bellevue College reaffirms its policy of equal opportunity regardless of race or ethnicity; creed; color; national origin; sex; marital status; sexual orientation; age; religion; genetic information; the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability; gender identity or veteran status in educational programs and activities which it operates. Please visit https://www.bellevuecollege.edu/equal for more information.
Last Updated October 13, 2021