The Academic Success Center’s Individual Tutoring Program offers paired tutoring for students who have a C or below in their class. Eligible students can get up to 2 hours per week of this tutoring service. The Individual Tutoring Program does not start until the third or fourth week of the quarter.
Steps to Follow
Students with a C or Below (or Math 084 Students)
- Student must have a C or below during the third week of the quarter or later to qualify for the Individual Tutoring Program. This should be confirmed with the instructor.
- Eligible students should complete an online application for individual tutoring. An email will be sent to the student’s BC account to confirm the request and their instructor will be notified via email as well.
- If the students instructor approves this request they will email us.
- Upon approval, the student will then be matched with a tutor starting during the 4th week. This information will be sent to their BC email.
- The tutor will contact the student to set up appointment times via BC email.
- A DRC access specialist will assess student’s needs and see if they are eligible for the Individual Tutoring Program and for which subject area
- If eligible, student should complete an online application for individual tutoring. An email will be sent to their BC account to confirm this request.
- Student will be matched with a tutor in the 4th week of the quarter. This information will be sent to student’s BC email.
- The tutor will contact the student to set up session times via BC email.
Students in the Individual Tutoring Program need to attend all of their scheduled meetings! If they miss two of their appointments, their tutoring will be discontinued for the remainder of the quarter.
Since this tutoring is limited to 2 hours a week and not every eligible student can be successfully paired, students are strongly recommended to utilize the drop-in and online tutoring where possible.
Last Updated April 20, 2020