Individual Tutoring Program
The Academic Success Center’s Individual Tutoring Program offers paired tutoring for DRC students and students who have a C or below in their class. Eligible students can get up to 2 hours per week of this tutoring. The Individual Tutoring Program does not start until the third or fourth week of the quarter.
Steps to Follow
Students with a C or Below
- Student must have a C or below during the third week of the quarter or later to qualify for the Individual Tutoring Program. This should be confirmed with the instructor.
- Eligible students should complete an online application for individual tutoring. An email will be sent to the student’s BC account to confirm the request and their instructor will be notified.
- Student should deliver a completed Tutor Approval Form to the ASC
- Student will then be matched with a tutor. This information will be sent to their BC email.
- The tutor will contact the student to set up appointment times.
- A DRC access specialist will assess student’s needs and see if they are eligible for the Individual Tutoring Program and for which subject area
- If eligible, student should complete an online application for individual tutoring. An email will be sent to their BC account to confirm this request.
- Student will be matched with a tutor in the 4th week of the quarter. This information will be sent to student’s BC email.
- The tutor will contact the student to set up session times.
Students in the Individual Tutoring Program need to attend all of their scheduled meetings! If they miss two of their appointments, their tutoring will be discontinued.
Since this tutoring is limited to 2 hours a week and not every eligible student can be successfully paired, students are strongly recommended you utilize the drop-in and online tutoring where possible.
Last Updated October 9, 2019