How Individual Tutoring Works
What does this mean for me?
Once you have followed all the application steps, you will be eligible for up to 2 hours per week of individual tutoring.
Follow these steps:
- Talk to your instructor about your current grade. You need to be earning a C in your class to qualify for an individual tutor.
- Complete an online application for individual tutoring. An email will be sent to your BC account to confirm your request. Your instructor will also be notified of your request.
- Deliver a completed Tutor Approval Form to the ASC
- We will match you with a tutor. This information will be sent to your BC email (not your Canvas email), so be sure to check it regularly.
- The tutor will contact you to set up appointment times.
Do I have to do anything else?
Yes, you need to attend ALL of your scheduled meetings! If you miss two of your appointments, your tutoring may be discontinued. Don’t let that happen—tutoring is a valuable resource! Also it is highly recommended you utilize the drop-in and online tutoring .
Last Updated June 27, 2019