Tutoring Session Guidelines
- Sessions are about 35 minutes
- 1 session per day
- Maximum 3 tutoring sessions per assignment or college application essay
- Drop in during all business hours. Appointments are not required.
- Appointments are available between 10am and 2pm, Monday through Friday, Fall, Winter, and Spring Quarters
- No appointments in the summer
Before You Come to the Lab
- Bring your writing and the assignment guidelines with you.
- Identify your general topic and purpose.
- Plan ahead: schedule an appointment or drop in at least two days before your assignment is due.
What We Can Do in a Session
- Let you know what you are doing well!
- Listen to your topic ideas and ask questions to help you develop your focus
- Review your paper to ensure it follows general essay structure and explain why if it does not
- Point out confusing or unclear parts of your writing
- Help you learn to identify 1 or 2 grammar or punctuation mistakes and how to correct them
What We Will Not Do
- Correct your entire essay for you
- Suggest topics
- Make exceptions to lab policies for assignments due the same day
- Comment on the grade your work may or may not receive
Other Writing Lab Services
- Writing handouts you may take for quick reference
- Grammar guides and handbooks you may use in the lab
- A computer lab when classes are not in session—bring a flash drive to save your work, or
use your BC email account to access Office 365 and OneDrive for free!
- Workshops open to all Bellevue College students, faculty, and staff
- Feedback on Bellevue College student and alumni résumés and application essays
Last Updated October 12, 2016