See below the scheduled events for details on how to access Writing Lab workshops in Teams
Effective Personal Statements for Freshman Applicants
Learn how to “show,” not just “tell,” about who you are in response to typical prompts for first-year applications to universities. Live meetings in Teams.
To view material from the afternoon session, visit our workshops channel in Teams
Effective Personal Statements for Transfer
In community with Multicultural Services, learn how to “show,” not just “tell,” about who you are in response to typical prompts for transfer applications to four-year universities. Pre-registration required. Click the date and time to register.
Got a Suggestion?
Are you a BC student or member of faculty? Let us know what live workshop or video topics you would like to see in the future: email us your suggestions at email@example.com
How to Access Workshops in Teams:
1. On the scheduled day, click the linked workshop date and time above, or visit the Writing Lab Workshops channel in Teams.
2. In the Writing Lab Workshops channel announcement related to your workshop topic, click the date and time (or the “Join” button) for that meeting. The button will not be available until five minutes before the start time.
3. Each workshop’s linked date (or the “Join” button in our Teams Workshops channel) will open a web page to the Teams meeting and activate your video and microphone options.
The lab instructor will greet you as you enter. If the group is large, be ready to mute your camera and microphone, but we instructors enjoy talking with you!
4. Once you are in the workshop meeting, turn on the chat panel:
The lab instructor will be able to see any questions you post and respond.
5. After attending a workshop, please fill out the “Online Workshop Survey,” available in a tab at the top of the Writing Lab Workshops channel.
We look forward to hearing from you!
General Personal Statement Information
For general information on how to brainstorm and draft a personal statement essay for college transfer, please see our Workshop Videos page.
Last Updated October 21, 2021