See below the scheduled events for details on how to access Writing Lab workshops in Teams
Fall Quarter 2023 Workshops
MLA Style Citations
Workshop for all students who want to know about using MLA style to cite their research and format their documents.
In-person only in D204
Tuesday, November 14, 1:30 – 2:30 p.m.
APA Style Citations
Sorry, but the Nov. 16 workshop has been canceled!
Got a Suggestion?
Are you a BC student or member of faculty? Let us know what live workshop or video topics you would like to see in the future: email us your suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Access Workshops in Teams:
- On the scheduled day, go to D204 or click the “online on Teams” under the workshop title you wish to attend, or visit the Writing Lab Workshops channel in Teams. (Unless there is a preregistration form, you will need to schedule the meeting in your personal calendar to receive a reminder.)
- Each workshop’s link will open a web page to the Teams meeting and activate your video and microphone options. If the group is large, be ready to mute your camera and microphone, but we instructors enjoy talking with you!
- Once you are in the workshop meeting, turn on the chat panel. The lab instructor will be able to see any questions you post and respond.
- After attending a workshop, please fill out the “Workshop Feedback Survey,” available in a tab at the top of the Writing Lab Workshops channel.
- We look forward to hearing from you!
General Personal Statement Information
For general information on how to brainstorm and draft a personal statement essay for college transfer, please see our Workshop Videos page.
Last Updated November 13, 2023