All tools and guides listed on this page are for Instructional use only.
Canvas for Faculty
- Canvas Basics: Where can I learn the basics of the Canvas Learning Management System?
- New to Bellevue College? You need to complete the Canvas Faculty Orientation to get access to your classes.
- What role do you have in Canvas?: Review the list of roles in Canvas
- Quarter Codes
- Canvas Learning Community and Canvas Release Dates
- Tools for Engagement in Canvas: How can I make my existing Canvas site more engaging?
- How to create an effective online course using the Quality Matters Standards!
- Canvas training options for faculty, quick reference chart.
- Canvas Status page to check real-time if all systems are operational and review historical data on system performance.
- New Canvas Gradebook
- Effective and Accessible Power Points: Are my PowerPoints effective?
- Effective and Accessible Word Documents: Are my Word documents effective?
- Resources for Creating Accessible documents
Teaching Tools for Faculty
- Ally – Accessibility Content Checker
- Instructional video capture using Panopto
- Zoom – Creating an online meeting
- Uploading Zoom cloud recordings in Panopto
- Zoom and Owl – video/web conferencing tool
- Big Blue Button – Conference tool in Canvas.
- Microsoft Teams is a collaboration tool that integrates with other Microsoft Office 365 services.
- ConexEd(Cranium Café) – connect with online students using Café Cards
- Proctored Testing Tool – Honorlock
- Tool to create a quiz – Respondus 4.0
- Proctored Testing Tool – Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor
- LinkedIn.com Learning (previously known as Lynda.com)
- Gradescope – is a suite of tools designed to accommodate a common grading workflow.
- Quality Matters – Training facilitated by SBCTC
- VitalSource – Inclusive Access textbooks managed by the Bookstore. Please contact the Bookstore for assistance.
- Plagiarism tool: VeriCite
Guides to add test banks from Publishers
- How-To: Add a McGraw Hill Test bank to Canvas
- How-To: Import Test Banks from ExamView Test Builder (Cengage)
- How-To: Print a Canvas Quiz for in class use
- How to add a Macmillan testbank in Canvas
Link to vendor webpages, VPATs, etc.
The Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) is a document prepared by vendors that describes the extent to which a particular product is accessible.
List of Accessibility statements and VPATs for software used for Instruction
Good to know
Canvas Newsletters: News and updates from your eLearning team
Last Updated June 17, 2020