Skype for Business is the only place you’ll need to be for your meetings.
With meetings always just one click away, you can present and take notes together, record all the details, and use HD video and in-meeting IM to communicate loud and clear.
As part of a recent Windows update, Microsoft’s messaging and video conferencing product (Lync) has changed name and is now Skype for Business. On all Bellevue College windows computer you will see the Lync icon replaced with new Skype icon.
Microsoft Skype for Business (previously called “Lync”) allows you to communicate and connect with colleagues using chat, voice, video and online meetings through a consistent user experience across computers, laptops, smartphones and tablets.
Step 1: Look for the Skype Icon on the task bar and select the icon.
Step 2: You will be automatically logged on a campus machine or you can use your NetId and Password.
Step 3: That’s It! Start Skyping!
Quickly start an impromptu meeting. From the Tool icon, select Meet Now and add participants. You can share your screen, a program, or a file.
Use video in meetings
Enhance your meeting experience and keep people engaged by adding video to your Skype for Business Meeting. Remember to set up and test your camera before the meeting to make sure it’s all ready. From within the meeting, select the Video icon then Start My Video.
Join a meeting from your mobile device.
Skype for Business Web App coming soon. If you’re on the go and need to join a meeting, simply open the Lync app on your mobile device. Select Meetings, find the meeting you want to join and select Join Meeting. You’ll get audio and video along with all the shared content.
Visit www.office.microsoft.com/mobile to set up Office 365 on your devices.
Share your screen
As a presenter, you can share a program, a whiteboard, or your desktop so everyone is on the same page. Within the meeting, select the Screen icon then choose what you would like to present to the group.
Quick Start Guides
Online short videos from Microsoft
How to Create a Skype Phone Meeting
- Open Outlook Calendar
- Create a meeting in Outlook Calendar
- Invite people to join the meeting
- Once the invite is opened, use the Dial-In Number for the Skype Meeting that is provided at the base of the invite.
- Also take note of the Conference ID in order to join the meeting once you have called in.
How to Call in to a Skype Phone Meeting
- If you call in to the Skype meeting with a phone, instead of using computer audio, you can find the conference numbers and ID in the meeting request. You can also click Find a local number in the meeting request if you’re traveling.
- What about the PIN? You only need a PIN if you are calling into the meeting as the presenter from a public or cell phone, or if the meeting is set with high security. Otherwise you don’t need a PIN, just dial in and wait to get connected.
- If you need a PIN and don’t remember what it is, click Forgot your Dial-in PIN? in the meeting request, and follow the instructions on the page to reset.
Last Updated November 27, 2017