- Once you get a Bellevue College SID and PIN, create your BC email.
- You will also be assigned the Canvas Faculty Orientation course. Note: This is an automated enrollment. You will be enrolled in this course only after you have created your BC email and have been assigned a course.
- You can find the course by using the Canvas login page – bc.instructure.com
- You will need 3 to 6 hours to review the content.
- You will complete the requirements by taking the quiz.
- Once you’ve scored at least 11 correct on the quiz, you’ll need to wait 3-4 hours before your course sites are listed inside Canvas and also when the Observer role is changed to Teacher role for upcoming classes.
- At this time you will also get a Sandbox for testing Canvas content.
- Log in to Canvas to access your quarter course sites and build your content.
- Publish your site.
NOTE: If you have questions on logging on to Canvas please contact ITS Service Desk at 425-564-4357
All technical questions will be answered by ITS Service Desk in A109. When you need to start building content in your Canvas site contact the eLearning Instructional Designers
Canvas Faculty Orientation course
- Log in to Canvas.
- Click on the Courses link from the top navigation bar to expand the menu.
- Locate the Faculty Canvas Orientation and click on this link.
- Select the course titled, Faculty Canvas Orientation. Note: This orientation consists of several modules that include video and text-based materials. Review each module carefully before proceeding to the next step.
- Click “Orientation Quiz” when you’re ready to take the quiz and complete the orientation.
- When you’re finished with the quiz, check your answers and score. A score of 11 or more is a pass. If you’ve scored less than 15, note which questions were answered incorrectly and re-review the relevant tutorials. When you feel you’re ready, re-take the quiz.
- When you’ve successfully completed the quiz, a process will be triggered to set up your access to your upcoming quarter course sites.
- Your Canvas course sites will appear in your Courses list on the Canvas top menu approximately 4-5 hours after you pass the orientation quiz.
- Locate the Canvas link from the main Bellevue College website.
- Start your training using the Faculty Canvas Orientation.
Last Updated June 23, 2017