Role/Title: Associate Director of Corporate Outreach & Employment
Education: Master’s in computer science, Artificial Intelligence, Specialties in Job Search
What I Do:
- Advise students and community members on 1:1 or workshops on career and job search preparation.
- Organize and facilitate events/workshops/job fairs to connect students to work-based opportunities.
What I Love About My Role:
- Help close the gap between education and the world of work.
- I love collaborating with students, faculty, and employers to create opportunities for students to apply their learning to the real world. I am thinking about corporate outreach not just to be the transition from college to career but as the hub to facilitate continuous interaction between students, academic faculty, alumni, and companies.
Advice for students:
- “Networking is your best friend 80+ positions are found via someone you meet or know or network with…”
- “For ESL Students, volunteering will help you in so many ways!!! This will help as a major confidence booster, as you are able to draw on the strengths you brought to future positions and improve your communication skills.”
- I love to travel all over the world. I love music and languages.
- I like to cook too also a fan of science fiction and role-play games.