Education: Master’s Degree
Role/Title: Career/Employment Specialist
What I Do:
- Assist students and community members with all activities related to job search.
- Update resumes, cover letter writing/revision, coaching for interviews, personal statements, college applications, and job search.
- I have over 20 years of experience helping students find internships and jobs, working directly with employers during the hiring process. I base my recommendations for resumes, cover letters, and interviews on strategies that have proven successful and come from employer feedback.
What I Love About My Role:
- I love seeing individuals gain confidence and competence in their job search skills.
- Students who work with me find jobs and internships and are frequently accepted into the college programs they prefer.
Advice for students:
- Begin preparing well in advance so that you feel confident in your documents (resume/cover letter) and in your interviewing skills.
- Reading, hiking, and dancing
- I went to Egypt 6 weeks after the revolution and when I visited the pyramids, there were only 20 people total at the site (usually it is very crowded)