Instructor Q&A with Merritt Hennessey – Aromatherapy for Everyone

Merritt Hennessey

What are the 3 most important things a student will learn?

Students will leave the class knowing all about the history and therapeutic components of essential oils, the most common uses for them, and how to use them safely including on kids, pets, and the elderly.

Who should take this class?

Anyone interested in natural health solutions. Anyone who takes care of the health and well being of their family or pet. Anyone looking for less expensive and easier ways to handle health needs as a complement to allopathic medicine.

Why do you want to teach this?

I am passionate about essential oils as a great tool in your health kit. Essential oils have saved me time, money, side effects, are non-toxic, and been a fun and great smelling solution to many household and beauty needs.

How did you get started with this topic?

My aunt invited me to take this very course with her at Bellevue College 3 years ago! I really wanted more.

How often do you use these skills in your job?

I’m an Aromatherapist and I use these skills with my health clients as well as my family daily! We use essential oils for everything in our house.

If you could tell students one thing about this class what would it be?

This will be a fun, interactive class where you’ll not only learn but take home your own trio of oils as well as a personalized essential oil roller to use for yourself and your family!

What have you learned from teaching?

I always learn from my students. I love hearing how they use oils, the questions they have, and what they need. Their questions and requests inform my teaching. I love to gather people in a room to learn something together.

To view the class click here.

About Merritt Hennessey:

Merritt has a  Masters Degree in Teaching from Seattle University. She taught first and second grades for a decade, including a year teaching first grade in Spain. She has her own business called Illumine where she teaches adults about various topics. Her favorite thing is to write and to write curriculum. She recently enjoyed writing my first book. She works as an Aromatherapist.

Last Updated August 1, 2018