Italian through Art: Annalisa Bellerio

Italian Art

Annalisa Bellerio is an Italian journalist, editor and writer who will be teaching Italian through Art, a new course at BCCE. Get to know Annalisa, learn about the course and register today.

What are the 3 main learning outcomes for students?

Students will…

• Improve their comprehension and fluency in a second language.
  • Learn about artworks, artists and cultural transformations that made their everlasting mark on the world history of visual arts.
  • Gain skills in understanding and enjoying the basic elements of visual art, and learning their evolution over time.

Who should take this class?

Students of Italian language who want to practice and improve their competences in a pleasant way, by cultivating their interest in art and enriching their own overall education.

Why do you want to teach this?

I have a university degree in History of Art, have been writing for decades articles and essays focused on art related subjects, and also have a long experience as a docent in art museums, in Italy as well as in Seattle area. I would enjoy sharing my artistic competence while teaching my native language.

How did you get started with this topic?

I wanted to find a cultural and conversational topic that could well fit Italian language. Because of my interest and professional experience in art, I thought that the renowned Italian artistic heritage could serve my purpose and capture the interest of a wide range of students.

How do you apply these skills in your job (if applicable)?

As a journalist, I mostly write about art-related themes. As an art museum docent, I lead public and private tours for an audience of young and adult visitors.

If you could tell students one thing about this class what would it be?

You will learn and at the same time you will amuse yourself by using some of the best achievements in the history of human creativity as your study tools.

What have you learned from teaching?

I have learned to familiarize with different educational and cultural backgrounds, opinions and attitudes. I have learned that any age is good for reaching goals and there are no limits to learning. I have learned that a friendly and encouraging environment helps everyone gain better results, and that passion is contagious.

The course begins Thursday, April 18. Register today.

Last Updated March 11, 2019