The Technical Writing Certificate – Online Inclusive course culminates in a Bellevue College Continuing Education Technical Writing Certificate. This competency-based program employs a course instructor, and is targeted at working professionals with a strong knowledge of written English who are looking to speed up the certificate process.
Topics covered include Principles of Technical Writing, The Role of the Technical Writer, The Writing Process, Usability, Writing Strategies, Editing, Document Design, Intro to HTML, XML and CSS and Job Readiness Strategies.
Who should take the certificate?
Individuals seeking to learn the fundamentals of technical writing, those who are changing careers, and communication experts who are looking to expand their technical writing skills.
Why invest in the Technical Writing Certificate – Online Inclusive?
- Curriculum provides work-relevant skills in demand by employers.
- Instructors are working professionals who introduce real-world scenarios into the classroom.
- Culminates in a Capstone Project, in which participants demonstrate their mastery of program objectives and produce the final piece in their professional portfolio.
- Salary scales for Technical Writers range from $75,000-$97,000 in the greater Seattle area. – Glassdoor
About 110 course hours over 15 weeks.
- In-demand skills focused on today’s industry needs.
- Ability to explain complex and technical information through a variety of media.
- A certificate to document your expertise that will complement your resume.
View an infographic for an overview of the program.
This is an online program and requires a Bellevue College NetID.
To register for a free information session, click on the session description below.