American Sign Language (ASL) is the first language of many deaf North Americans and one of the most commonly used languages in the United States. Whether you have a deaf or hard-of-hearing family member or friend, are deaf or hard of hearing yourself, or simply want to pursue a personal interest, World Languages Institute ASL classes are designed for you. Our skilled instructors make learning sign language fun and easy with classes designed to accommodate busy adults. Classes meet once a week in the evening for eight weeks. If you plan to learn ASL, it’s great to take classes with a friend so you’ll have a partner to practice with during the rest of the week.
The World Languages Institute American Sign Language classes will give you the tools to:
- Learn the ASL manual communication alphabet
- Use everyday phrases to engage in simple conversation
- Learn ASL grammar and vocabulary
- Use facial expressions and body language to enhance your ASL communication skills
- Understand and interact appropriately within the deaf culture