College-Issued High School Diploma Information

If you do not have a high school diploma, you are eligible to receive one from Bellevue College if you meet the following conditions:

  • You are at least 16 years old, were enrolled at any time in the Running Start program and satisfactorily completed an associate degree at Bellevue College, or
  • You are at least 16 years of age and satisfactorily completed an associate degree, and
  • You have submitted a graduation application for the associate degree.

Students can earn an associate degree from a community or technical college may also receive a high school diploma even if they have not otherwise met the high school graduation requirements.

The student must provide the college a written request to receive a high school diploma.

Visit the SBCTC to find the WAC and RCW.

Note: students use the same graduation application for their associate degree and to request a high school diploma. Students must submit separate applications for both.

If you previously completed an Associate degree, but did not request a high school diploma at the time you applied for graduation, please submit a ticket to see if a high school diploma can be issued: Bellevue College can retroactively award you a high school diploma if you met one of the two conditions listed above at the time you completed your Associate degree.


Website manager is Natalie Revollas

Last Updated December 21, 2023