Created through a collaborative effort between Bellevue College, Costco Wholesale Corporation and donations from many private donors, the Early Learning Center brings together BC programs in parent education, child-care services, “field” training for childcare providers and Head Start services for children from low-income families. An on-site family resource specialist also provides advocacy services for parents and families.
Features of the Center
- 22,000 square feet of space
- Space for 190 children
- “Field” experience for BC students enrolled in early childhood education, nursing, parent education, and psychology
- An infant toddler care program
- Family outreach and advocacy services
The total amount raised to finance the Early Learning Center was approximately $5 million. Of this amount, the facility construction costs was $4.2 million.
Many private and public contributors from the community made the ELC possible through their generous donations. The Early Center program also receives regular support from:
- ACCESS Grant from the U.S. Department of Education
- BC Student Government
- City of Bellevue
- Puget Sound ESD Head Start
- State of Washington
- US Department of Agriculture
Ongoing support to the Early Learning Center is extremely important. If you are interested in making a donation to support scholarships for children at the Center, or for general program support, please contact the BC Foundation for details on how to make your pledge.
Download: ELC brochure