Transfer Credit

Using your credit at Bellevue College
If you have earned credit at Bellevue College through College in the High School, you will have a transcript record in our college database. If you plan to attend Bellevue after graduating from high school, you can attend an Information Session to learn more about our certificates and degrees.

Transfer credit from Bellevue College
If you plan to transfer credits to other colleges or universities, here, near the bottom of the page, you can find answers to some frequently asked questions regarding BC general transfer credit policy.

Transcript request directions
If you are unfamiliar with how to order a transcript, this webpage gives you all the information you need, including tutorials.

Unofficial transcript request
To view and print your unofficial transcript, you will need your Student ID and PIN.

Look up Student ID (SID)
You will need to enter your last name, birthdate and the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number.

Look up PIN
Your personal id number (PIN) is initially set as your birth date when you applied for admissions, using the MMDDYY format (2 digit month, 2 digit day and last 2 digits of the year). For example, if you date of birth is April 15, 1980 your PIN number would be: 041580.
If you have not changed your PIN since you were enrolled at BC, try to use your birth date to log in.

Order your official transcript
To order an official transcript, you will need to create an account at a national clearinghouse site, using your Bellevue College Student ID.

Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges

Transfer information for students
Washington state’s community and technical colleges help ease the transfer process for students who move between colleges or transfer to four-year colleges and universities. The idea is to allow credits to transfer smoothly so students earn certificates, associate degrees and bachelor’s degrees.
Transfer degrees and programs support one of the founding principles of the state’s community and technical colleges: to provide educational opportunities for students in their own communities.

The Washington 45 agreement spells out a list of courses offered by Washington state community and technical colleges that satisfy up to one year’s worth (45 credits) of general education requirements at public four-year institutions. A student who earns these credits is not guaranteed admission into a four-year institution. Also, these credits do not amount to, or serve as, a Direct Transfer Degree.

Washington Student Achievement Council
Transfer Pathways
Students take various pathways to a certificate, associate degree, bachelor’s degree, or advanced degree. A large percentage of those who enter a four-year institution as freshmen graduate from that institution. Others may enroll at one four-year institution and then transfer to another. And still others start at a community college and transfer to a baccalaureate institution.

  • Many community or technical college students who initially enroll in associate degree or certificate programs then decide to transfer to a four-year school. A Statewide Transfer Policy helps students move between institutions while working toward their bachelor’s degrees.
  • A Transfer Student Rights and Responsibilities document, approved by public and private two- and four-year institutions, is available from the Transfers page of the Washington Student Achievement Council.
  • If a student transfers to a baccalaureate institution before completing an associate degree, courses similar to those traditionally offered by universities will be accepted. However, courses may not transfer if the student’s baccalaureate institution does not offer a parallel course.



Last Updated October 31, 2017