ACCT& 202 Principles of Accounting II • 5 Cr.
Presents basic concepts used in financial reporting and interpreting financial statements. Prerequisite: ACCT& 201 with a C or better or e ntry code.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- • Describe the impact of basic investing and financing transactions on a business’s financial position
- • Employ double-entry bookkeeping to record and report on basic business investing and financing transactions in an accounting system
- • Construct a report of a business’s cash flows
- • Critically analyze a business’s financial position, cash flows, and operational results
- • Employ time value of money theory in the analysis of long-term financial transactions
- • Demonstrate business communications skills through a variety of assessments such as team assignments, oral presentations, and written documents