ACCT 240 Computerized Accounting • 5 Cr.
Using a mid-range accounting system, students complete all functions of a full accounting cycle. Topics include use of the general ledger, recording accounting transactions, accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory, job costing, payroll, reporting and financial statements. Recommended: ACCT 101 or ACCT&201.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Analyze and record financial transactions using accounting software.
- Prepare the payroll for a service or a merchandising business.
- Prepare revenue and payroll tax forms for state or federal government.
- Describe, calculate and prepare end-of-period transactions.
- Create, report, and analyze financial statements and reports using accounting software.
- Analyze and discuss the effects of transactions on the fundamental accounting equation.
- Complete a computerized recordkeeping system of accounting.
- Discuss the use and application of ethics in computerized financial accounting.
- Winter 2018 (current quarter)