ACCT 245 Accounting Systems for the Enterprise • 5 Cr.
Using a mid-range accounting information system program, students collect and communicate strategically valuable information including: general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliation, banking, purchase orders, invoicing, payroll, fixed assets, reporting, map business process flows and assure system security. Prerequisite: ACCT 101 with a C or better, ACCT& 201 with a C or better, or entry code.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Analyze and record financial transactions.
- Describe, report and perform accounting transactions in a complex computerized accounting system.
- Apply a complex computerized accounting system to a service and merchandising business.
- Explain, compute, record and analyze year-end entries and financial statements.
- Explain and apply ethics, internal controls, Smartlist and Sarbanes-Oxley within a midrange information accounting system.
- Evaluate and describe accounting and timekeeping functions.