ACCT 350 Intermediate Accounting II • 5 Cr.
Continuation of theoretical foundations of accounting. The course covers valuation of assets, business financing options and in-depth examination of lease accounting. Prerequisite: Admission to the program and ACCT 250.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- • Apply the accounting methods for investments in operating assets at the date of acquisition.
- • Illustrate and employ the accounting methods for the use and retirement of operating assets.
- • Discuss and calculate debt and equity financing options.
- • Classify debt and equity securities.
- • Using the most appropriate accounting method for a business, calculate the acquisition, use and sale of debt and equity securities.
- • Identify accounting methods for capital leases.