ALDAC 225 Chemical Dependency Ethics & Laws • 3 Cr.
Provides up to date understanding of state and federal statutes, state regulations and code of ethics specific to the field of alcohol and drug counseling and the provision of chemical dependency treatment services in Washington State. Prerequisite: ALDAC 106 and 108 and permission of program director.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and the NAADAC Code of Ethics, use teaching techniques that are culturally relevant and sensitive to the needs of clients with learning disabilities.
- Implement the Revised Code of Washington (RCW) as it applies to the treatment of alcoholism and drug addiction; the education of counselors and certification process for Chemical Dependency Professionals; client’s rights and grievance procedures; and the regulations for reporting incidents of elder and child abuse.
- Implement the Washington Administrative Code as it applies to chemical dependency treatment standards and expectations of client care.
- Implement Federal regulations outlined in CFR part 42 on client rights to privacy and confidentiality.
- Implement Washington State DUI law and drug court diversions, reporting requirements and referrals.
- Describe victims panels, drug court procedures and probation requirements for clients required to be in alcohol/drug treatment.