BTS 163 Business Document Design Comprehensive • 5 Cr.
Introduces key concepts and software to develop and create business documents. Topics include document design, creation, formatting, layout, output, graphics, tables, citations, mail merge, indexes, macros, forms, and sharing documents. Projects integrate business communication skills and problem solving techniques to create a variety of business documents such as letters, memos, newsletters, flyers, automated documents and collaborative documents. Recommended: BTS 161 or equivalent experience.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Determine and apply specific software tools to effectively solve business problems.
- Design, create, format and edit current styles of business letter, manuscripts, outlines, tables, and other related business documents.
- Apply design principles to create professional quality publications.
- Publish documents to print, online or presentation media.
- Identify and apply tools to collaborate on business documents.
- Link data sources to create mass electronic or printed communications with mail merge.
- Design and create long documents, like business reports and essays, that include references, indexes and table of contents.
- Design and create automated documents that efficiently address the needs of the business.
- Design and create functional and professional quality forms
- Develop and implement plans for manage data generated from forms and for creating linked documents.
- Create professional, readable, organized, grammatically correct documents.
- Research resources to solve problems independently