BTS 173 Windows Basics • 1 Cr.
Introduction to Windows operating system and built-in Windows programs.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify and describe various components of the Windows desktop.
- Use the mouse and keyboard to scroll, open and close windows and dialog boxes, and arrange windows on the desktop.
- Use built-in Windows programs to create and print a document and a graphic.
- Use built-in Windows programs to make a movie and play videos and sound clips.
- Find Web pages and make them available for offline viewing using browser search and Favorites options.
- Compose, send, retrieve, and respond to e-mail using mail client.
- View, read, and post news messages to a newsgroup.
- Fall 2015 (current quarter)