BTS 189 Webpage Authoring Essentials • 5 Cr.
Introduces industry standards in web page authoring and editing tools. Topics include principles of web design, file management, formatting, HTML, CSS, image optimization, publishing and managing dynamic web pages. Projects include the design and publication of a website based on a business client need. Recommended: BTS 110.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Use current industry-standard software to design and publish a live website for a business client.
- Apply the basic concepts of advertising, sales, design, and general business to the web design process.
- Understand, edit and author HTML code using a text editor.
- Understand and develop usable file management structures that improve web development workflow.
- Identify needs and considerations for publishing to the web including resolution, color management, image types, files sizes and file compatibility and apply appropriate solutions.
- Apply principles of design and usability to the creation of websites and pages.
- Understand how technologies interact with websites and optimize them for those technologies.
- Link to professional organizations and utilize online help and design resources.
- Research resources to solve problems independently.
- Fall 2015 (current quarter)