BTS 268 Advanced Business Data Management Tools • 5 Cr.
Course covers additional user interface features of a relational database. Advanced Wizards are used to create a user interface. Topics include action queries, macros, modules, switchboards, and startup options. Prerequisite: BTS 168.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Create specialized information through use of action and cross tab queries
- Build a customized user interface with macros, macro groups, command buttons, and procedures
- Enhance database design using many-to-many and one-to-one relationships
- Provide database continuity with proper documentation
- Improve database functionality using properly compiled and tested Function procedures, Sub procedures, and event procedures
- Maximize database efficiency by analyzing database performance, splitting databases and linking to external data sources
- Secure data using passwords, startup options, replication, and backups
- Submit written work in accordance with BC writing benchmarks
- Spring 2016 (current quarter)