BTS 389 Ecommerce Development Strategy • 5 Cr.
Expands web development skills to market and sell products and services online. Topics include site design, product management, shopping carts, search engine optimization and web marketing tactics. Projects integrate skills to design, build, and publish an ecommerce web site using current eCommerce platforms and tools, following digital marketing best practices and techniques. Prerequisite: BTS 189 or program chair's permission.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Learning outcomes:
- • Design and implement an e-commerce website with a product inventory, shopping cart and payment processing capability.
- • Assess a variety of popular e-commerce platforms and tools.
- • Utilize principles of effective web design, navigation and user experience.
- • Apply Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques to rank high in organic web search results, and understand Search Engine Marketing (SEM) for paid search efforts.
- • Apply social networking techniques to increase site traffic by building communities and connecting with groups.
- Fall 2018 (current quarter)